There is no substitute for genuine human connection and community.
Technology serves us best as a tool rather than as a directive. As the
human producers of technology, we are committed to:
- Venerating nature as powerful, vulnerable and curative;
- Respecting users of technology as living human beings, each of
whom wishes and deserves to live a healthy and fulfilled life;
- Creating exemplary technology and design products that aim to
minimize technological pollution, debt and junk;
- Building technology that furthers positive social
- Refraining from causing harm by releasing shoddy code and
implementing misguided design;
- Valuing the importance of genuine, human connection and
fostering trusting, rigorous and joyful human relationships in
- Using the technology we build as a medium for treating each other
and ourselves well;
- Having the work we do be informed by integrity, knowledge and
- Prioritizing opportunities to do purposeful work.
See, also, Antidote to Tech.